[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Where is the source code for the versions of emc and axis on bdi 4.30 and 4.38?

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 18 11:57:25 CET 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 00:38, jepler at unpythonic.net wrote:
> Before I could get any source, I had to add several lines to
> /etc/apt/sources.list (manually transcribed, so I may have introduced
> errors):
>     deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib
>     deb-src http://mirrors.neutron.com/emc-bdi/apt sarge updates extras
>     deb-src http://solaris.cs.utt.ro/emc-bdi/apt sarge updates extras
> Then, I had to run 'apt-get update' again.

Yup, you'll need the deb-src lines (with the typos corrected) before apt-get
will download the sources...

> How, 'apt-get source emc' downloads 'emc_1.0-29.tar.gz' and
> 'emc_1.0-29.dsc'.  However, 'dpkg -l emc' reports that the version
> on bdi 4.38 is actually '1.0-38'.

OK.. Looks like the 1.0-38 sources failed to find their way to the mirrors.
Have reseeded the primary repository and the updates will appear over the
next day or two.

> And 'apt-get source axis' (hey, I was going to try the obvious here)
> reports that it is 'Unable to find a source package for axis'.

Always assumed people interested in the current or latest version of Axis
would go straight to the authors or download from
http://axis.unpy.net/index.cgi/downloads - Again, added the original tarball
to the primary repository, so this will also apear sometime over the next few
days.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and