[Bdi4emc-help] Running EMC2 on BDI 4.38

Martin Ullrich martin.ullrich at ferien4ever.de
Wed Jan 11 22:31:44 CET 2006

Paul schrieb:

>Hi Martin
>
>On Tuesday 10 January 2006 15:30, Martin Ullrich wrote:
>

>>> make KDIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.12.6-rtai
>>>

>>unfortunately this does not work, because of no target and no makefile
>>found.
>>

>If you have rtai-dev-2.6.12.6-rtai installed, the linux-headers package along
>with gcc-2.95 will have been installed automatically.
>
>After doing a ./configure followed by make
>KDIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.12.6-rtai, emc2 compiled with out any
>significant errors here. WIthout any further details, I'm not in a position
>to diagnose your problems...
>

>Regards, Paul.

Hi,
as I get EMC2 not running with 4.38, I tried again to install 4.30, but
in graphical mode I get an error at the end of the installation,
something with 'bad window'. In text mode key inputs at the end of the
installation are written somewhere on the screen..., I think in december
somebody described it...
But some time ago, I had 4.30 running with graphical mode installation I
guess, so there must be a way to install it. Today I made with a win98
bootdisk 'fdisk /mbr', and I guess I had success and removed GRUB. But
the following try to install 4.30  caused  the  'bad window' error again...
Greetings,
Martin