[Bdi4emc-help] Install trouble on a Toshiba laptop (330CDT)

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 13 01:55:26 CET 2006

Hi Matt

On Monday 13 February 2006 00:31, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> It was the earlier graphic.

Ah.. During the installation from the CD - Missed that bit.

> It turned out to be some assertion getting thrown in the bit that discovers
> the drive geometry before partitioning.  I managed to muddle through the
> text mode install, telling it to ignore the assertions as they came up.
>  The remainder of the install took 5 hours, and it didn't set up the
> operator user properly, but everything else was just fine.  It was easy
> enough to fix.

There is no way the installation should be taking five hours - 45-60 minutes
should be the norm. I need to take a long hard look at where anaconda is
wasting time and try to improve on things. Could you provide some specs on
the laptop (CPU speed, memory, etc).

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and