[Bdi4emc-help] Install trouble on a Toshiba laptop (330CDT)

Matt Timmermans matt at timmermans.org
Mon Feb 13 01:31:36 CET 2006

It was the earlier graphic.

It turned out to be some assertion getting thrown in the bit that discovers
the drive geometry before partitioning.  I managed to muddle through the
text mode install, telling it to ignore the assertions as they came up.  The
remainder of the install took 5 hours, and it didn't set up the operator
user properly, but everything else was just fine.  It was easy enough to
fix.

On top of that, my new "quickstep" driver module works beautifully, and can
deliver 30000 steps/s to all axes simultaneously.  It'll be in your mailbox
shortly.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my new EMC-based setup!  It's miles
better than the *ahem* DOS based program that I was using before (it was the
only thing that could run the steppers fast enough OOtB). I took your advice
and used xfce, which works just fine, and it wasn't hard to figure out how
to add the launcher for EMC in the task panel.

Thanks,

Matt