[Bdi4emc-help] BDI - Motenc-Lite Issue?

Craig Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Sun Dec 10 23:10:41 CET 2006

Hello Paul,

I've been working on my BDI-EMC system this weekend and came across a
problem that I think may be software related... My setup is a
Motenc-Lite card with a 7525 IO termination board, and a 7535 IO board.

I have my control system prototyped on a table and have been struggling to
get any motion out of the motor(s).  I attributed the problem to my wiring
"skills" and my proof of damaged was that vsitest.c (available on the Vital
site) reported a "Segmentation fault" when compiled and run on BDI 4.50.

Before I sent my card back, I went and down-revved BDI to version 4.38 and
the segmentation fault error went away.  The utility seems to function
properly allows me to communicate with the board, send voltage to the
amplifier etc.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

Craig