[Bdi4emc-help] configuring ini file

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Tue Dec 5 22:12:36 CET 2006

Hi Alex

On Monday 04 December 2006 20:53, alex wrote:
> 4 axises step/direction output.

Not a problem, the standard parallel port provides sufficient outputs for
that..

> 4 inputs - 3 for home switches for X, Y A axises and 1 for the limit
> switch.

Um.. only one limit switch per axis - That doesn't sound right unless you are
connecting both positive and negative limit switches to the same input.. In
which case the software will not know which limit has been triggered.
As mentioned earlier, you don't need separate inputs for home switches. Homing
is (generally) performed once on power up, and once each axis is homed, any
further inputs will be ignored by EMC. If one axis is not fitted with a
switch, the ini file can be set to ignore the input.

> There should be enough pins on a standart parport to cover all
> this. May be to change io-somethig file in C and rebuild the program - it
> may be the easiest solution?

The file where the inputs are hard coded for the parallel port is
src/emc/drivers/extsmmot.c

> We are not talking about rocket science here...

Agreed.

Regards, Paul.