[Bdi4emc-help] configuring ini file

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Mon Dec 4 21:28:02 CET 2006

Hi Alex

On Monday 04 December 2006 16:24, alex wrote:
>  I never thought of this possibility, mainly because I wanted to
> make operation of the machine not requiring
> any manual input.

So far, I've only described possible configurations in very general terms.
Without information about your specific requirements, it is difficut to go in
to much detail..

> I also looked at HAL concept. It looks that to master it I have to
> enroll on at least 6 month course in a college.

In the early stages of emc2 development, I voiced concerns over the cryptic
syntax and the desire to spread configuration over multiple files.. But the
developers chose to pander to the whims of one or two potential users rather
than cater for the majority.

> But I just remembered, I have Jon Elson's add on card, which I purchased
> 3 years ago but never had a chance to try.
> How hard is it to make it going with EMC?

The drivers for Jon's cards are included - The finer points of configuration
would depend on which card(s) you have.. I don't have any of his hardware, so
you'd need to email Jon directly for support, all I can offer is general
guidance, and perhaps bug fixes to the drivers if required.

Regards, Paul.