[Bdi4emc-help] configuring ini file

Eric H. Johnson ejohnson at aaainc.com
Fri Dec 1 19:08:47 CET 2006

Alex,

> Thank you, David!
> But how do I set up inputs from home switches and limit switches?
> Alex

I suggest consulting the User Manual found here:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/EMC2_User_Manual.pdf

Specifically the HAL tutorial in chapter II (Configuring EMC2). The handling
of the I/O is mainly done in the hal files, not the ini files. But the hal
files will probably look like Greek if you do not go through the tutorial.
Because basically everything that you do manually in this tutorial,
particularly those things done through halcmd, will be basically what you
enter into the hal files to configure your I/O.

If you understand how to use halcmd, it should then be a fairly easy step to
start editing your hal files.

Regards,
Eric