[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Re: Updating to BDI 4.50 with Synaptic

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Thu Aug 17 11:47:42 CEST 2006

Hi Craig

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 07:07, Craigg Gadd wrote:
> I experimented with trying to get Synaptic to update my BDI installation
> over the internet rather than burning a CD but wasn't successful in doing
> so.  Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to take that approach in
> the future?

As long as the computer has a working connection to the internet, synaptic
should work like a charm. If it doesn't, it will spit out some error messages
which will help in diagnosing the problem. Often, it is a typo in
the /etc/apt/sources.list throwing a spanner in the works..

 If you do have problems, feel free to ask - Please include some of the error
messages and attach the sources.list.

Regards, Paul.