[Bdi4emc-help] Re: Re: Updating to BDI 4.50 with Synaptic

Craigg Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Wed Aug 16 08:07:37 CEST 2006

Hello Paul:

You said in your response to my question,

* 3) You burnt the CD as one large file rather than as an ISO. Quite a
*common
*error if you used a Windows box.
*

It turns out that in fact that's exactly what I did.  I copied the data to
the CD as one large file.  I wasn't aware that an ISO file is the equivalent
of a zip file under Windows!  Thanks for setting me straight with that.

I managed to recopy the CD and I was successful with the 4.50 upgrade.

I experimented with trying to get Synaptic to update my BDI installation
over the internet rather than burning a CD but wasn't successful in doing
so.  Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to take that approach in the
future?

Thanks for the help,

Craig