[Bdi4emc-help] BDI-4.50 released.

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Sun Aug 13 02:08:12 CEST 2006

Hi David

On Sunday 13 August 2006 00:02, David Szakovits wrote:
>    For my information, using this same technique, can I add packages from
>    the BDI 4.50 cdrom to a Ubuntu Dapper Drake system?
>    Since I have switched to Ubuntu, for whatever reason, good or bad,
>    this would be the easiest way for me to benefit from all the stuff you
>    have put together.

Ubuntu is a snapshot of Debian's testing repository (with perhaps a few tweaks
& bug fixes). Certainly, you can install the BDI4 kernel & RTAI packages
without any problems...

 I've not tried installing the EMC packages on either Ubuntu or
Debian(testing) so can't really comment. In principle, they should work. If
you want to try it and report back, I can try to offer solutions to any
problems that may occur.

One of the things on the ToDo list is to evaluate Debian(testing) as they
freeze and migrate to Stable - I already have a hard disk loaded, but a h/w
failure is preventing further work.

Regards, Paul.