[Bah-lkria-ambite] {Spam?} [Bah-alcarria] {Spam?} igh a

Steury Musante automotive en videlity.com
Lun Ene 11 20:31:33 CET 2010

 of tempers. We used to have music and reading in the evenings, and very
pleasant evenings they were--indeed, we lived much as we should have
done in the old country. Altogether, I congratulated myself that I had
decided on stopping out. My brother was, however, somewhat anxious about
the state of business. "You see, Ned, there is not, I fear, much to be
done at present," he said. "I have, therefore, thought of making the
trip I spoke to you about. A number of vessels sail from Sydney and
other places to collect cargoes of palm-oil and sandal-wood, and some
few go in search of pearls. They do not all trade honestly with the
natives, and several have suffered in consequence, their crews having
been attacked and murdered; but I hope, by trading honestly and by being
always on my guard against surprise, to make a profitable venture. I
have an especial reason for wishing to sail at once, as the day before
your arrival I received information from an old shipmate of mine, Tom
Platt, of the existence of a small group of islands, among which pearls
of large size are obtained by the natives in unusual abundance. Tom, who
has been out in these seas for some years on board whalers and other
craft, sailed a few months ago in a small schooner, the _Zebra_, from
Sydney. Both master and crew were rough, lawless fellows, and Tom told
me that he often wished himself clear of them, but they touched at no
place where he could venture to land till they reached the islands I
speak of. Here the master, for his own purposes, at