[Bah-glpgs-alcala] [Bah-general] illiancy. To sum up

Khim Stagles recordation en toysrus.co.jp
Mar Mar 23 15:58:13 CET 2010

Ward of Rose Hill. At the time we felt that extraordinary degree of cold were not more than six miles south west of Rose Hill, and

about nineteen miles from the the sea coast. When I mentioned this
circumstance to colonel Gordon, at the Cape of Good Hope, he wondered at it; and owned, that, in his excursions into the interior parts of Africa, he had never experienced anything to match it: he attributed its production to large beds of nitre, which he said must exist in the neighbourhood.] December 27th 1790. Wind NNW; it felt like the blast of a heated oven,
and in proportion as it increased the heat was found to be more intense,
the sky hazy, the
sun gleaming through at intervals. At
9 a.m. 85 degrees At noon 104 Half past twelve 107 1/2 From one p.m. until 20 minutes past two 108 1/2 At 20 minutes past two 109 At Sunset 89 At 11 p.m. 78 1/2 [By a large Thermometer made by Ramsden, and graduated on Fahrenheit's scale.]

December 28th. At 8 a.m. 86 10 a.m. 93 11 a.m.
101 At noon 103 1/2 Half an hour past noon 104 1/2 At one p.m. 102 At 5 p.m. 73 At sunset 69 1/2 [At a quarter past one, it stood at only 89 degrees, having, from a sudden shift of wind, fallen 13 degrees in 15 minutes.]

My observations on this extreme heat, succeeded by so rapid a change, were that of all animals, man seemed to bear it best. Our dogs, pigs and fowls, lay panting
in the shade, or were rushing into the water. I remarked that a hen belonging to me, which had sat for a fortnight, frequently quitted her egg