[BAH-Estrecho] {Spam?} Ad hardly hoped to live long enough to be a g

Sanroman Prager xerarch en anatoll.com
Lun Mar 29 01:19:49 CEST 2010

Ey to be permitted to debauch young boys only fifteen years old?
Haven't we got police enough to prevent a thing like that?
Tell me, sir!" "One would think so," said the

doctor, patiently. "But is it that the police don't want to?" "No doubt
they have the same excuse as all the rest--they don't know. Take
courage, sir;
we have cured worse cases than your son's. And some day, perhaps,
we shall be able to change these conditions." So he went on with the
man, leaving
George with something to think about. How much

he could have told them about what had happened to that young fellow
when only fifteen years old! It had not
been altogether the fault of the women who were lurking outside of the
college
gates; it was a fact that the boy's classmates had teased him and
ridiculed him, had literally made his life a torment, until he had
yielded
to temptation. It was the old, old story of ignorant and unguided
schoolboys

all over the world! They thought that to be chaste was to be weak
and foolish;
that a fellow was not a man unless he led a life of debauchery like the
rest. And what did they know about these dreadful diseases?

They had the most horrible superstitions--ideas of cures so loathsome
that they
could not be set
down in print; ideas as ignorant and destructive as those of savages in
the heart of Africa. And you might
hear them laughing and jesting about one another's condition. They
might be afflicted with diseases which would have the most terrible
after-effects upon their whole lives and upon their families--diseases
which cause tens of thousands of surgical operations
upon women, and a large percentage of blindness and idiocy in
children--and you might hear them confidently express the
opinion that these dis