[Solar-general] preguntas de la GPL

Enrique A. Chaparro echaparro en uolsinectis.com.ar
Lun Nov 8 19:54:49 CET 2004

--Signature=_Mon__8_Nov_2004_18_54_49_+0000_cO=tg8xDMT5HZyXy

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:47:54 -0300
Sebastian Bassi <sbassi en gmail.com> wrote:

SB>=20
SB> > si no lo distribuis junto no.
SB>=20
SB> =BFComo es esto? Xandros, Linspire y SuSE distribuyen SP junto con SL y
SB> los SP siguen siendo SP. =BFO me equivoco?. Entonces no podria ponerlo
SB> en el mismo RPM? (por ejemplo). Pero si podria pornerlo solo? En que
SB> parte de la GPL te basas para esto de la distribuci=F3n?
SB>=20
SB>=20

Entiendo que Diego, al usar "distribuir junto", intento referirse a que
lo distribuis como parte de un solo `paquete' inseparable, de acuerdo
con esta obligacion de la clausula 2 de la GPL:
``These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If=20
identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and
can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves,
then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you
distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same
sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Program, the
distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose
permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus
to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.''

Tu hipotesis, entonces, es correcta: no podrias poner tu frontend
privativo en el mismo paquete (.rpm, .deb, .tgz,...) que el programa
libre, pero si meterlo en un CD (o otro repositorio de una distro)
como paquete separado, aun teniendo como prerrequisito al programa
libre. Esto, por la GPL, clausula 2 (ultimo parrafo):

``In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program
with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of
a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under
the scope of this License.''

Saludos,

Enrique

--=20