[Bdi4emc-help] stepper motor emc

Matt Timmermans mt0000 at sympatico.ca
Thu May 4 16:59:14 CEST 2006

Hi Andy,

If you already have a BDI-based config, you just need to change the EMCMOT
parameter in the [EMCMOT] section of your ini file from "freqmod" to
"quickstep".

If your PERIOD was set too high because of CPU limitations, you can probably
set it lower.   0.000015 should be fine unless your system is very special.

If your DEFAULT_ACCELERATION and MAX_ACCELERATION are set unrealistically
high to reduce path errors at corners, go ahead and set them to something
your steppers can really handle, since the new BDI has path error limits.

If you were avoiding backlash compensation because you were losing steps, go
ahead and put it back in, since quickstep enforces acceleration limits while
compensating.

Hope that helps,

Matt