[Tree-project-organise] Minutes of Community Tree Project Meeting January 4th 2014

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 19:14:33 CET 2014

**Action points -**
***Avery and Lenny go look at Nicks woods in Lewis**
***Avery price up screws etc. for barn building*
*Spence and Avery to talk to Marion about her site near Preston Park
*Draft a letter to send to landowners (low priority??)

Letter**to landowners**
**Woodland Burials**
**Structure in Harveys/Nicks woodland**
**Preston Park woods**
Rapoports woodland
**Shop space in Lewis High Street*

*Letter**to landowners**
*It would be good to draft a letter that could be given to land owners
stating our ideas and that we are looking at land.
There was some discussion about whether this is necessary right now as
we have 3 sites where it looks like we may be able to do some stuff.
There was some discussion about the best way to approach land owners.
Purely as a forestry enterprise wanting access to woodland for
timber/firewood or as a social project - is this going to be scary for
land owners?

*Woodland Burials**
*Spence has been working on a proposal for a woodland burial service
which would provide a complete service for people who are recently
bereaved.  His research has showed that there is a strong business case
and that existing services are somewhat lacking in their sensitivity.

*Structure in Harveys/Nicks woodland**
*Harvey has asked if we would like to build a structure (barn?) with him
in the woods that he operates near Barcombe.
We decided this would be a nice thing to do.  We can expect to have use
of the structure and could build something simple with a few days work.
One to cut the poles in the woods, one to erect the structure, one to do
the roof.
*Action points -**
***Avery and Lenny go look at the woods **for suitable timber/site
***Avery price up screws etc. for the barn building*

*Preston Park woods**
*Marion (the owner) has been away quite a bit but should be back now.
Spences' ideas should be of interest as she considered having some
burials on there a good way to protect the site from developers.  We had
a look at land registry maps and discussed the fact that the relatively
small space available is going to limit burials and/or other activities
there.
*Action point**-
***Spence and Avery to talk to Marion about her site *

*Rapoports woodland
*We have the potential to get some long ash poles and a long spruce pole
from a woodland near Gatwick.  Any interest?? *
*
*Shop space in Lewis High Street*
Avery has been exploring paying for a bit of wall space in a new garden
centre/shop on Lewis High Street where we could promote the project.