terziario-innovativo-cn so." I said: "You are quite right, except that if His Majesty wou

Tarver Aiava augmenting at bestuur.scoh.nl
Sat Mar 27 16:33:32 CET 2010

N in Kaintuck? Oh, Lor', plenty to eat." _Judge:_ "He did not clothe
you well?" _Slave:_ "Good enough clothes for me, Judge." _Judge:_ "You

hadn't a comfortable home?" _Slave:_ "Oh, Lor', makes me cry to think
of my pretty little cabin down dar in old Kaintuck." _Judge, after a
pause:_ "You had a good,
kind master, you were not
overworked, plenty to eat, good clothes, fine home. I don't see why the
devil you wished to run away." _Slave:_ "Well,
Judge, I lef de situation down dar open. You kin go rite
down and git it." The Judge had seen a great light. "Freedom
has a thousand charms

to show, That slaves, howe'er contented, never know." That the colored
people in such numbers risked all for liberty is the best possible
proof that they will steadily approach and finally reach the full
stature
of citizenship in the Republic. I never saw Mr.
Blaine so happy as while with us at Cluny. He was a boy again

and we were a rollicking
party together. He had never fished with a fly. I
took him out on Loch Laggan and he began awkwardly, as all do, but he
soon caught the swing. I shall never forget his first capture: "My
friend, you have taught
me a new pleasure in life. There are a hundred fishing lochs in Maine,
and I'll spend my holidays in future upon them trout-fishing." At Cluny
there is no night in June and we danced on the lawn in the bright
twilight until late. Mrs. Blaine, Miss Dodge, Mr. Blaine, and

other guests were trying to do the Scotch reel, and "whooping"
like Highlanders. We were gay revele