terziario-innovativo-cn testimony?" "Bray sent her. H

Lundsford teleost at ificbankbd.com
Mon Aug 24 20:39:27 CEST 2009

T is nearly midnight. I shall mail this letter to you--post it, I should
say, since I am in London--and then I shall wait in my dim rooms for the
dawn. And as I wait I shall be thinking not always of the captain, or
his brother, or Hughes, or Limehouse and Enwright, but often--oh, very
often--of you. In my last letter I scoffed at the idea of a great war.
But when we came back from Limehouse to-night the papers told us that
the Kaiser had signed the order to mobilize. Austria in; Serbia in;
Germany, Russia and France in. Hughes tells me that England is shortly
to follow, and I suppose there is no doubt of it. It is a frightful
thing--this future that looms before us; and I pray that for you at
least it may hold only happiness. For, my lady, when I write good night,
I speak it aloud as I write; and there is in my voice more than I dare
tell you of now. THE AGONY COLUMN MAN. Not unwelcome to the violet eyes
of the girl from Texas were the last words of this letter, read in her
room that Sunday morning. But the lines predicting England's early
entrance into the war recalled t