[Spinne-developer] bough in haste The delighted ro

Critelli Gutierre unimpressed at morettisrl.com
Mon Mar 22 20:52:58 CET 2010

T another reply to the question, 'Why do most people call the nightingale's a melancholy song?' It is heard by night, 'whilst our spirits are attentive,' and the solemn gloom of the hour influences the judgment of the ear; for another false impression, which like the monster Error

of Spenser, has bred a thousand young ones as ill-favoured as herself, ascribes melancholy
to night. There is no good reason why we should think thus of the night, still less that the impression should influence our judgment in other matters; and we owe no small thanks to those who have endeavoured to rec