[Souldreamer-developers] deal of thunder, I can't hel

Zitzloff prioritised at leefhout.nl
Wed Dec 23 13:13:09 CET 2009

 would have suggested images of poesy, and thoughts of beauty; I would
have whispered the word of sentiment--the delicate allusion--the
breathing of the soul that longs to find a congenial heart--the sorrows
and aspirations of the wounded spirit, stricken and sad, yet not QUITE
despairing; still knowing that the hope-plant lurked in its crushed
ruins--still able to gaze on the stars and the ocean, and love their
blazing sheen, their boundless azure. I would, I say, have taken the
opportunity of that stilly night to lay bare to her the treasures of a
heart that, I am happy to say, is young still; but circumstances forbade
the frank outpouring of my poet soul: in a word, I was obliged to go and
lie down on the flat of my back, and endeavor to control OTHER emotions
which struggled in my breast. Once, in the night-watches, I arose, and
came on deck; the vessel was not, methought, pitching much; and yet--and
yet Neptune was inexorable. The placid stars looked down, but they gave
me no peace. Lavinia Milliken seemed asleep, and her Horace, in a
death-like torpor, was huddled at her feet. Miss Fanny had quitted the
larboard side of the ship, and had gone to starboard; and I thought that
there was a gentleman beside her; but I could not see very clearly, and
returned to the horrid crib, where Lankin was asleep, and the German
fiddler underneath him was snoring like his own violoncello. In the
morning we were all as brisk as bees. We were in the smooth waters of
the lazy Scheldt. The stewards began preparing breakfast with that
matutinal eagerness which they always show. The sleepers in the cabin
were roused from their horse-hair couches by the stewards' boys nudging,