[Souldreamer-developers] End, Julia Linnet. She is a warm-hearted

Vilanova derogates at www47.edson.net
Tue Aug 18 04:02:03 CEST 2009

D the Fox," he would have increased the attraction of his show,
deservedly popular as it was. Grandville, in these delineations of the
faculties of animals, is quite equal to Kaulbach; and, though the French
artist had not the honour of having his pictures copied in stuffed
animals, they are thought to be quite worthy of being formed into a
volume as a sequel to the "Comical Creatures from Wurtemberg." LADY
CHAFFINCH'S BALL. HEIGH-HO! well, I am at home again at last. I wonder
if I am the same innocent little Linnet that left these bowers only
three months ago. What have I seen, where have I been?--or rather, What
have I not seen, where have I not been? I have visited China and Peru,
Nova Scotia, Trinidad, and Tuscany; I have been to Sweden, Egypt,
Germany, and Mexico, and I have some recollections of Sardinia, and the
United States. This is good travelling for three months, is it not? Let
me think: how shall I tell you about it? I will begin at the beginning--
Three months ago, as I was sitting in our summer-house, warbling one of
my newest songs, our page Tom--Tom-tit we call him, he is such a funny
little fellow--brought me a letter that had just been left by the
postboy. I have it by heart. "My dear little Songbird,"--this is a name
they gave to me from my infancy, for they say I could sing before I
could speak,--"My dear little Songbird," thus the letter began, "All the
world is coming to London this spring to see the most wonderful of
sights; try and persuade my dear sister, that kind Mamma of yours, to
let you pay your long-promised visit to me. You must come in May, and
you may stay with me as long as you can bear to be away from your
delightful home. Let me know when I may expect you. "Your loving Aunt,
"JENNY GOLDFINCH." And I remember that the envelope was addressed, "Lady
Linnet, Gorse Bush, Somersetshire;" and that in the left-hand corner
there was written, "For Miss Linnet." Did not I fly to my "kind Mamma"
as soon as I had read this note, and when she had consente