[Solar-ututo-e] English mailing list? (Lista que envía inglesa?)

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 en msstate.edu
Jue Jun 10 18:20:29 CEST 2004

Quoting Gerardo Díaz <gerardobdiaz at arnet.com.ar>:
> Don't worry about Spanish. Most of us are able to understand English,
> and worst yet, some of us -like myself- are even trying to use it to
> communicate with other people arround the world :-)

Excellent, that sounds fine. I do look forward to an English mailing list,
however. An English board on the help forums would be nice as well.

> I don't think so. But if you're interested, I guess that somebody here
> would be interested to coordinate efforts with you. In fact, I'm
> interested in doing so as my contribution to the Ututo team :-)

So far, the main things I see that should be addressed are website translation
issues. I'm willing to help with that, if someone would be willing to work with
me on it. As for now, I guess I can edit the pages and post the fixes here.

> Joel, have you downloaded ututo-e yet?

No, I have not. I'm waiting to replace my hard drive, which will probably happen
tomorrow. Once that is done, I'll download it and try to install it. Are there
any issues with language during the install and setup process? Does the system
set itself to the proper locale if I tell it I am from the US and speak
English?

My background with Linux stretches over a couple years, first with Red Hat 8,
then with Debian, and most recently with Gentoo. I've contributed somewhat to
the communities in each, but this time I'd like to do something of value.

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to working with everyone on this.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]

E-mail     [jjk3 at msstate.edu]