[Solar-ututo-e] Fw: UTUTO-e: non-free kernel drivers/firmware

Diego Saravia dsa en unsa.edu.ar
Jue Ago 26 04:01:12 CEST 2004

I am not working in Ututo-e developing team,
I will forward your cuestion to them

Regards

From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako en debian.org>
To: Diego Saravia <dsa en unsa.edu.ar>
Sent: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:06:23 -0700
Subject: UTUTO-e: non-free kernel drivers/firmware

Diego,

I've read Richard and a few other people going on about the fact that
UTUTO is a 100% Free Software and does and does not point to or
include any Free Software.

Does this means that you have successfully done a code audit on the
Linux kernel and removed all binary and proprietary firmware and
drivers?

If you have, you are way ahead of the Debian team working on this
which, I had assumed, was the only active project to seperate these.

Also, do you have a stance on documentation? I think it would be sad
if you don't hold documentation to the same standards as software (or
worse yet, to any standards at all). Especially in the context of
Hipatia which aims to expand Free Sotware principles beyond software
itself.

Then again, kicking out GFDL will almost certainly upset Richard. It
was, after all, in the context of the discussion of the GFDL that
Richard decided to revoke his advocacy of Debian and remove the link
from the FSF homepage.

Regards,
Mako

--