[Solar-parla] K led the sheriff's posse to glory. "I suppose we'll hear

Nipple baldish at archspm.org
Sat Aug 29 23:27:16 CEST 2009

Ce gang to recover for them the property for which they had risked their
liberty. This, therefore, had brought to Buffalo Center, first of all, a
hard, desperate man, who was the leader of the gang, then J. Jervice
with his autocar, and, shortly to follow, various other whose characters
were more widely known than commended. Incidentally the leader had found
that the little bank at Buffalo Center had its safe loaded with the sum
of ten thousand dollars, which had been placed therein for the
convenience of a certain wheat buyer in making some deals. This being
rather in the line of work in which he had been most successful the
leader had decided to relieve this congestion of cash and had so
notified Mr. Jervice as soon as they met. Mr. J. Jervice was thinking
these things over as he went back to his car. He had stopped running now
that he was well clear of the camp. He was walking slowly as one who is
studying some great problem. It was not the problem of transportation.
This was his especial job and he knew what to do about it. But this
boy--this boy who owed him twenty dollars! He began to see how he could
get his money's worth. A plan formed in his mind for using him. That
night the friends of Mr. Jervice arrived in the neighborhood and
gathered without undue ostentation at his camping-place. They fell into
a very solemn conference and they said many things with which we are not
greatly concerned. But Mr. Jervice made some remarks which were more
than interesting, and showed that though slight in frame and deficient
in courage he was a mighty plotter. "About that window you wanted me to
get through," he said. "I can't get through that place." "Yes, you can,"
insisted a big man who seemed to be the leader. "What's more, you're the
only runt in the gang, an' you'll have to do i