[Solar-OpenOffice] What don' take care of his fam'ly, " she said crossly, and hur

Stocke Kwon peripatus at ohc.de
Tue Mar 30 13:36:16 CEST 2010

 a bath and get two more eggs for Peter Rabbit's party. Reddy Fox and
Shadow the Weasel, peeping out from the hollow log where they were
hiding, could see Jimmy on his

way back with a big goose
egg under each arm. Shadow smacked his lips. He meant to have those eggs
himself. Pretty soon all the little forest and meadow people whom

Peter Rabbit had invited were gathered around the foot of Unc' Billy
Possum's hollow tree, and each had brought something good to eat. My,
such a feast as was spread out there! Now they
were waiting for Unc' Billy Possum, who had gone to meet his family,
coming up from "Ol' Virginny."
Over in the top of a tall pine tree Blacky the Crow was
hiding
and chuckling to himself as he watched. Reddy Fox was getting impatient.
He was hungry. He had had no breakfast, and as he lay hiding in the
hollow log, he could peep out and see all the good things, and he could
smell them, too. It seemed as if his stomach would just give him no
peace at all. He wished that Sammy Jay would bring the false message

that Bowser the Hound was coming, so as to frighten all the rest away.
"I'm nearly starved!" whispered Reddy Fox. "I hope Sammy Jay will hurry
up." Just then they noticed that Peter Rabbit was very busy. He hopped
from guest to guest and whispered
in the ear of each. "Now I wonder what Peter Rabbit is whispering
about,"
said Reddy. Suddenly the light at the end of the hollow log disappeared.
There was a queer rattling sound that sent shivers up and down Reddy's
backbone. Prickly Porky the Porcupine had sat down with his back against
the end of the hollow log, and the queer rattling sound was made by the
thousand little spears in his long coat. Reddy Fox and Shadow the Weasel
were in a prison. You see there was no other
openin