[Solar-OpenOffice] Ffers me not to step out of her sight. We p

Leconte timpani at ocm.fr
Sat Mar 20 23:52:10 CET 2010

Rate reflection since the melancholy event took place. I have experienced a sufficient change of

objects and country; the effect is the same. The wound is still recent, and so it will ever remain: indeed I cannot wish
it otherwise. There is a rich and sacred solemnity in my sorrows, sir, which
I would not exchange for the most splendid acquirements of wealth, or the most dignified titles of fame." The young officer sat for some
time silent. "Well, sir, he said, since it is thus, seeing that these things are so, I will urge you no farther. You will pardon me respecting the part I have taken in this

business, since it was with the purest designs. May consolation, comfort, and happiness, yet be yours." "To you and your fair friend, said
Alonzo, I consider myself under the highest obligations. The gratitude I feel I can but feebly express. Believe me, sir, when I tell you, (and it is all I can say,) that your ingenuous conduct has left impressions in my bosom which can never be obliterated." The stranger held out his hand, which Alonzo ardently grasped. They were
silent, but their eyes spoke sympathy, and they parted. Alonzo immediately prepared, and was soon
ready to depart. As he was stepping into his carriage, he saw the young officer returning. As he came up, "I must detain
you a few moments longer, he said, and I will give you no farther trouble.

You will recollect that the lady about whom I have so much teazed you, when she became _acquainted_ with you in her
dream, believed that if she could speak with you, all difficulties would be removed. Conscious that this may
be the case, (for with all her accomplishments she is a little superstiti