[Solar-OpenOffice] Ine. Soon stones (the first, it is sai

Companion Clopper jealously at calev.com
Fri Apr 9 00:33:14 CEST 2010

Le breast of the one, "I am a dead bird." "If this water-hen,"
reasoned the other, "reaches the burn, my supper
vanishes with her." Down the sloping bank
the hen had distinctly the best of it, but after

that came a yard of level snow, and
here she tugged and screamed in vain.

I had so far been an unobserved spectator; but my sympathies were
with the beltie, and, thinking it high time to interfere, I jumped
into the water. The water-hen gave one mighty final tug and toppled
into the burn; while the weasel viciously
showed me his teeth,

and then stole slowly up the bank to the rose-bush, whence,