[Solar-general] world’s first digital weapon

Matías Croce mati en nelumboweb.com.ar
Mie Nov 5 01:32:09 CET 2014

On 04/11/14 20:38, Gerardo Diaz wrote:
> traducido sería "bolú paren el mundo me quiero bajar"
>
> http://www.wired.com/2014/11/countdown-to-zero-day-stuxnet/

Because the computers are air-gapped from the internet, however, they
cannot be reached directly by the remote attackers. So the attackers
have designed their weapon to spread via infected USB flash drives.

To ensure greater success at getting the code where it needed to go,
this version of Stuxnet had two more ways to spread than the previous
one. Stuxnet 0.5 could spread only by infecting Step 7 project files—the
files used to program Siemens PLCs. This version, however, could spread
via USB flash drives using the Windows Autorun feature or through a
victim’s local network using the print-spooler zero-day exploit that
Kaspersky Lab, the antivirus firm based in Russia, and Symantec later
found in the code.

Based on the log files in Stuxnet, a company called Foolad Technic was
the first victim ...

A USB flash drive, of course, was Stuxnet’s primary method of spreading.
Although Behrooz and his colleagues scanned for viruses, they found no
malware on their machines.

Traducido sería:
- Che, me pasas el jueguito ese que me mostraste?
- Si, acá lo tengo en el pendrive!
- Pero no tendrá bicho eso??
- Neeeh!! ya le pasé el AVG Free!! :)