[Solar-general] Fwd: Richard Stallman becomes a Hall-of-Famer

Diego Saravia diego.saravia en gmail.com
Mie Jun 26 20:10:31 CEST 2013

curioso premio, no sabia que existia,
me parece mas importante el premiado que el premio

la "fama" como criterio a premiar ????

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Free Software Foundation <info en fsf.org>
Date: 2013/6/26
Subject: Richard Stallman becomes a Hall-of-Famer
To: Diego Saravia <diego.saravia en gmail.com>

Dear Diego,

Today Free Software Foundation founder and president Richard Stallman was
inducted into the 2013 Internet Hall of
Fame<http://www.internethalloffame.org>!

He joins other visionaries like Aaron Swartz, Jimmy Wales, and John Perry
Barlow, who have all made significant contributions to the advancement of
the global Internet. The Internet Hall of Fame inducted Stallman for his
contributions as creator of the GNU Project <https://www.gnu.org>, main
author of the GNU General Public License <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>,
and his philosophical contributions as founder of the free software
movement. Richard has been named an Innovator, a category which recognizes
and celebrates individuals who made outstanding technological, commercial,
or policy advances and helped to expand the Internet’'s reach.

The future of a troubled Internet was on Richard's mind as he learned of
his induction. He says, "Now that we have made the Internet work, the next
task is to stop it from being a platform for massive surveillance, and make
it work in a way that respects human rights, including privacy."

We at the FSF are working hard to stop NSA
surveillance<https://www.fsf.org/news/free-software-foundation-statement-on-prism-revelations>,
protect the free Internet from
DRM<https://www.defectivebydesign.org/no-drm-in-html5>,
and develop replacements for network services that spy on their
users<http://autonomo.us/>,
but we need your support to achieve these goals.

Help us further this vision by becoming a member of the Free Software
Foundation <https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?> or
volunteering<https://fsf.org/volunteer>today.

Nearly 30 years after he first published the GNU Manifesto (stay tuned for
coming September celebration plans), Richard Stallman's ideas have spread
the world over. Thanks to the support of people like
you<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?>,
the free software movement continues to grow. Please join us in
congratulating Richard and all of the other 2013 inductees to the Internet
Hall of Fame by sharing this
message<https://fsf.org/share?u=https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/richard-stallman-becomes-a-hall-of-famer&t=Free%20Software%20Foundation%20founder%20Richard%20Stallman%20is%20a%20hall-of-famer>

Happy hacking,
Libby and the rest of the FSF team

*To read this message online, visit
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/richard-stallman-becomes-a-hall-of-famer
--
Follow us at https://status.fsf.org/fsf | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS at
http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

*Sent from the Free Software Foundation, *
*51 Franklin Street
Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1335
United States*

*

You can unsubscribe to this mailing-list by visiting the link
https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=127850&qid=4293163&h=56be33d8bfeedec4.

To stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by
Design,
and the Free Software Supporter newsletter, click this link:

https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=127850&qid=4293163&h=56be33d8bfeedec4
.
*

--