[Solar-general] [SOLAR - Software Libre Argentina] Las novedades

Marcos G. marcos en ovejafm.com
Lun Dic 19 14:22:38 CET 2011

On Lun 19 Dic 2011 00:09:42 Galindo Sanchez escribió:
> GPL, copyleft use declining faster than ever Data suggests a sharper rate
> of decline, which raises the question: why?
> http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/233753/gpl-copyleft-use-declin
> ing-faster-ever

> Mexico - BsAs

"Before the license revision, the GPL helped to unify the community, and the FSF, as the creator and
enforcer of the GPL, had a strong presence in the community. Now, GPLv2 is viewed as the version
favored by open source supporters, GPLv3 as the version for free software advocates--and not only
does the whole free software philosophy looks weaker, but the split between open source and free
software is wider than ever."

--
                   Marcos Guglielmetti
                            ▲