[Solar-general] Ruby, un lenguaje pensado para disfrutar y expresar pensamientos

Pablo Manuel Rizzo info en pablorizzo.com
Mie Sep 8 04:19:41 CEST 2010

Me gustó mucho cómo presenta el lenguaje su creador:

Design Policy of Ruby

For me, the purpose of life is, at least partly, to have joy.
Programmers often feel joy when they can concentrate on the creative
side of programming, so Ruby is designed to make programmers happy. I
consider a programming language as a user interface, so it should
follow the principles of user interface.
Principle of Conciseness

I want computers to be my servants, not my masters. Thus, I'd like to
give them orders quickly. A good servant should do a lot of work with
a short order.
Principle of Consistency

As with uniform object treatment, as stated before, a small set of
rules covers the whole Ruby language. Ruby is a relatively simple
language, but it's not too simple. I've tried to follow the principle
of "least surprise." Ruby is not too unique, so a programmer with
basic knowledge of programming languages can learn it very quickly.
Principle of Flexibility

Because languages are meant to express thought, a language should not
restrict human thought, but should help it. Ruby consists of an
unchangeable small core (that is, syntax) and arbitrary extensible
class libraries. Because most things are done in libraries, you can
treat user-defined classes and objects just as you treat built-in
ones.

Programming is incredibly less stressful in Ruby because of these principles.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=18225

--
Pablo Manuel Rizzo