[Solar-general] [Solar-socios] Fwd: rxart ¿viola la GPL?

Pablo Manuel Rizzo info en pablorizzo.com
Mar Mayo 4 20:37:30 CEST 2010

2010/5/4 Sebastian Bassi <sbassi en clubdelarazon.org>

> 2010/5/4 Pablo Manuel Rizzo <info en pablorizzo.com>
>
> Los clientes o los usuarios?
>>

> A los clientes que les vendo el software. Si yo tengo un ciber con Linux no
> tengo que darle la fuente a todos los clientes del ciber, ellos pagan por
> usar la máquina, o como en el caso del gobierno, mientras no te regalen la
> máquina (o no te la vendan) no es tuya y por eso no podes reclamar nada.
>

>> Si el gobierno me da una netbook con rxart, las 4 libertades estan
>> garantizadas para mi o para el gobierno?
>>

> Si te la regala (o te vende la maquina), una vez que te la dá, él (el
> gobierno) es quien debe darte las libertades.

Yo entiendo otra cosa pero quizá estoy leyendo mal el ingles, fijate todos
los lugares en que habla de terceras partes:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Y esta pregunta en las FAQ de GNU también:

*What does “written offer valid for any third party†mean in GPLv2? Does
that mean everyone in the world can get the source to any GPL'ed program no
matter what?*

If you choose to provide source through a written offer, then anybody who
requests the source from you is entitled to receive it.

If you commercially distribute binaries not accompanied with source code,
the GPL says you must provide a written offer to distribute the source code
later. When users non-commercially redistribute the binaries they received
from you, they must pass along a copy of this written offer. This means that
people who did not get the binaries directly from you can still receive
copies of the source code, along with the written offer.

The reason we require the offer to be valid for any third party is so that
people who receive the binaries indirectly in that way can order the source
code from you
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

--
Pablo Manuel Rizzo