[Solar-general] [OT] Use Cash And Enjoy Privacy? You’re A Terrorist

Fernando Marcelo el.zoona en gmail.com
Sab Mar 13 04:49:24 CET 2010

"A new government commercial currently running on one of Britain’s
most popular radio stations is selling one thing – fear – by
encouraging Londoners to report their neighbors as terrorists if they
use cash, enjoy their privacy, or even close their curtains.

The advertisement, produced in conjunction with national radio outlet
TallkSport, promotes the “anti-terrorist hotline” and encourages
people to report individuals who don’t talk to their neighbors much,
people who like to keep themselves to themselves, people who close
their curtains, and people who don’t use credit cards.

“This may mean nothing, but together it could all add up to you having
suspicions,” states the voice on the ad, before continuing “We all
have a role to play in combating terrorism” (we’re all indentured
stasi informants for the government).

“If you see anything suspicious, call the confidential anti-terrorist
hotline….if you suspect it, report it,” concludes the commercial.

Listen to the ad below."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/use-cash-and-enjoy-privacy-youre-a-terrorist.html