[Solar-general] Perfiles de Facebook en Torrent y las empresas que los estan bajando

Fernando Marcelo el.zoona en gmail.com
Jue Jul 29 23:48:14 CEST 2010

Hace poco se puso en circulacion un torrent que contenia datos de
contaco de 100 millones de personas con configuraciones descuidadas de
privacidad (todo era publico, pero un tipo lo compilo). En Gizmodo
compilan una lista de las empresas (supuestamente, porque bien podria
ser un empleado nada mas) que estan bajando la info.

"""
A 2.8GB torrent is floating around out there containing data from 100
million Facebook profiles. But don't freak out: all the data was
already available publicly.

Yes, hacker Ron Bowes from Skull Security created a crawler that
pulled everything from Facebook's open access directory, essentially
giving him all data that people had set to allow anyone to see.

Feel free to go download it, but if you're looking for juice on a
particular person, you could just as easily get it by searching
Facebook for them. You'll get the same info. [Skull Security via
Engadget]
"""

http://gizmodo.com/5598825/100-million-facebook-profile-pages-leaked-to-torrent-site

"""
Remember that torrent yesterday that contained the personal
information off of 100 million scraped Facebook profiles? I thought it
was strange that the guy didn't sell this information, since many
companies would be interested. Turns out they are interested.

Reader Clint discovered that all you had to do is use something like
Peer Block, which grabs the IPs of the other users also downloading
the torrent and identifies which company or university or organization
they belong to. You can check this yourself by hopping on the torrent
and doing the same thing.

"""

http://gizmodo.com/5599970/

Al menos los comentarios son para reirse un toque:

Raytheon? Great. Now I'm gonna start recieving mailers of half-off
offers on F-35s.

The three that scare me are Church of Scientology, Haliburton and
Lockheed-Martin. Think Tom Cruise in an F16 with 100 million Facebook
profiles. Scary shit.