[Solar-general] Google cobra para publicar extensiones para Chrome

Fernando Marcelo el.zoona en gmail.com
Mar Ago 24 16:25:29 CEST 2010

Since we introduced extensions in Google Chrome, we focused on making
the platform more robust, by continuously exposing new APIs to
developers. This has helped our extensions gallery blossom where more
than 6,000 extensions are listed today and more than 10 million
extensions are downloaded by Chrome users every month.

We designed security into the extensions system from day 1 but we’re
always looking for more ways to protect users. So, today, we are
introducing two significant changes in the Google Chrome Extensions
Gallery: a developer signup fee and a domain verification system.

The developer signup fee is a one-time payment of $5. It is intended
to create better safeguards against fraudulent extensions in the
gallery and limit the activity of malicious developer accounts.
Starting today, this fee will be required to publish extensions,
themes and soon apps in the gallery. We are waiving the fee for
developers who already registered with the gallery (specifically
before 11am PST today), so that they can continue to update their
extensions and publish new items without paying the fee.

Domain verification is another addition that we believe will protect
users and developers alike. Developers will be able to associate their
extensions (and soon their apps) with domains they own or manage using
Google’s Webmaster Tools. This way, they can clearly associate their
extension with their brand and website, which in turn will help users
identify “official” extensions in the gallery.

http://blog.chromium.org/2010/08/security-improvements-and-registration.html