[Solar-general] Re: Comentario: "Amigaos (un disco de música libre)"

Marcos Guglielmetti marcos en ovejafm.com
Lun Oct 5 09:26:22 CEST 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009 08:04:11 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am from France, but I currently live in Delft, Netherlands. I downloaded
> your album, but i did not listen it yet. Unfortunately, I cannot use to
> much freeware, notably with linux, because my computer start to be quite
> old and i should think about to change it.

Thanks for wrinting!

Freeware is not free software, please, see

www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html

you can try our audacity, solfege, zynaddsubfx, hydrogen and so... but , it's
better to move to GNU/Linux

> I tried to install unbuntu on
> it, but without any sucess, my old machine didn't answer.

mmm

Ubuntu is heavier than Musix (and unbuntu is not 100% free as in freedom), try
Musix or another 100% free distro

what's your machine like? it's a pentium 4?

> It is because i was surfing on blog about all concepts of GNU and just try
> to understand better all this things.

:D

nice

i recommend these:

http://moglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/berlin-keynote.html

for instance:

..."In December of 1989, when some very positive events had happened in
Prague, I went down into the New York City subway one day and I found a man
down there who plays the violin for money in the subway at his usual place.
And in the back of his violin case, where he collected the dimes and the
quarters, he had put a photograph of Vatslav Havel and underneath he had
written: "Artists will rule." That's us, and he is right. It's a struggle; it
has winners and losers; it is a velvet revolution; it is the fullfillment of
long hopes and the deepest of dreams, and we are fortunate to carry it to
fruition this time. "...

and this:

http://world-information.org/wio/readme/992006691/1078412091

> Then I find a links bring me on a
> website about musix-linux, free software for producing music. In this web
> site, there was, if I remember good, a link that bring me on your blog, and
> as I told you I had a conversation just the week end before with a friend
> that the logically continution of the GNU/linux, peer to peer,
> freeware...etc should be the art made for free.

:D

for free and for freedom ;), just like you say now:

> This concept is for me
> really exciting in term of art, because, to resume,that can destroy this
> kind of elitism in the art, and can afford the real idea of what the art is
> done for : emancipation of humanself indivudually and/or collectivly.

Sure, Albert Camus wrote that (L'Homme Révolté
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Homme_r%C3%A9volt%C3%A9), and maybe many
more people (i only know about Camus and Eben Moglen saying those kind of
things)

How did you reached those ideas?

> Maybe
> I am to much excited by this idea, but the fact that thoughts I had was
> already in runnin when I saw your blog and your free album, I enjoyed this
> way of things.

keep in touch

we are at #musix on freenode.net

you can use xchat or another IRC client, or clic here:

http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=d6a553418b8131e51ce18656a8af71f3&server=irc.freenode.net&channel=%23musix&autoConnect=true

but.. the best way is this mailing list: