[Solar-general] Crece el uso de Chrome

Marcos Guglielmetti marcos en ovejafm.com
Mar Nov 10 22:50:44 CET 2009

aca lo estuve usando (chromium-browser, la version libre) por varios días,
aprox una semana, y la verdad anda muy
bien, más rápido que firefox para varias cosas, etc.

de a poco, cuando pienso en abrir un browser, chromium se me aparece primero
como idea, luego galeón, que anda super bien, y firefox lo tengo ahí por los
plugins y porque lo quiero ;)

http://blog.vucica.net/2009/07/google-chrome-alpha-fastest-browser-for.html

Google Chrome (alpha) - fastest browser for Debian

I've just tested Google Chrome for Linux on my Debian machine.

It has a nice theming feature, currently apparently suitable and used for
making Chrome look native. That is, out of the box includes Chrome's default
theme, and the GTK theme which uses GTK buttons where possible, and uses the
theme colors for Chrome-style widgets. On the screenshot, you can see how it
looks with Debian-colored Clearlooks. Also, here's a shot of the default
theme.

(Update 5:51PM, CET: I didn't figure out there's a way to actually turn off
the system window borders. There is. Wooo! Chrome is awesome.)

Most of the UI is GTK based - menus, configuration options, etc.

Dragging tabs around works nicely, just as under Windows; even transparency,
if you have a compositing window manager such as Compiz. (Hint: KWin and
Metacity also include compositing; I'm not sure where to turn it on for
Metacity in the GUI, but it has a command line option "-c".)

Google's warning: Unless you're a developer and can suffer crashes, as well as
able to suffer lack of privacy features, don't download and use this. It's a
developer's preview only.

But seeing how great this browser already became (being significantly faster
feeling than Iceweasel/Firefox on Linux, at least the 3.0 series) I'm getting
great, great vibes for this browser's future on GNU/Linux.