[Solar-general] Fwd: Today is Grey Tuesday

Diego Saravia dsa en unsa.edu.ar
Mie Feb 25 01:08:33 CET 2009

-------- Original Message --------
 Subject: [FC-discuss] Grey Tuesday
   Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:26:47 -0500
   From: Parker Higgins <parkerhiggins en gmail.com>
     To: Discussion of Free Culture in general and this organization
in particular<discuss en freeculture.org>

Hello all,

Just noticed that tomorrow, 2/24, marks the fifth year anniversary of
Grey Tuesday.  For those of you who may be unaware, Grey Tuesday was
the day on which hundreds of blogs, in spite of having received
cease-and-desist letters from EMI, posted Danger Mouse's Grey Album
for download.  Some websites that didn't post the album--I
specifically remember EFF--made their layout gray for the day.  The
whole thing was orchestrated by Downhill Battle, and was pretty
significant to me and a whole lot of other people five years ago.

Happy Grey Tuesday, everybody.  I know I'll be listening to the Grey
Album at least once tomorrow.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D02E5DF153CF936A15751C0A9629C8B63

Parker

--