[Solar-general] patentes

Pablo Manuel Rizzo info en pablorizzo.com
Dom Feb 24 23:17:08 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Diego Saravia <dsa en unsa.edu.ar> wrote:
> http://www.aporrea.org/tecno/n109566.html

Más sobre patentes:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alberto Barrionuevo <abarrio en ffii.org>
Date: Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Subject: [FFII-latin] Escenificación de una extorsión al software libre
To: es-parl en ffii.org, ffii-latin en ffii.org

De la rueda de prensa de Microsoft:

 ===
 BRAD SMITH:

 First is the scope of the patent rights that are affected. What this
 addresses is the patent rights relating to our implementations of our
 specifications of our communications protocols. So, in effect, this is
 technology, and a set of IP rights, that people have said is very
 important for interoperability, and we are addressing this in a broad
 and new way.

  Second, and I think that this is also worth putting into perspective,
 just as we did last October when we hammered out the final details of
 our compliance with the European Commission's 2004 decision, there's a
 clear distinction here between people who are developing open source
 software and engaging in non-commercial distribution on the one hand,
 and people who are engaging in commercial distribution and use on the
 other hand. With respect to the former, meaning developers and those
 engaged in noncommercial distribution, this new covenant not to sue,
 with respect to patent rights, is applicable.

  On the other hand, with respect to companies that are engaged in
 commercial distribution, or use internally, there is a need to obtain a
 patent license where there are applicable patent rights, and we're
 committing to make these patent licenses readily available. Novell
 already has an agreement with us that covers all of these patent rights.
 Some other companies, such as Xandros and others, also have a patent
 license. So they've already addressed all of that, and their users are
 already addressed. With respect to other distributors, and users, the
 clear message is that patent licenses will be freely available.

 STEVE BALLMER: Patents will be, not freely, will be available.

 BRAD SMITH: Readily available.

 STEVE BALLMER: Readily available for the right fee. The basic economic
 analysis that you should go through sort of goes like this. We have
 valuable intellectual property in our patents, we will continue to view
 that as valuable intellectual property in all forms, and we will
 monetize from all users of that, not all developers, but for all users
 of that patented technology, all commercial developers, and all
 commercial users of that patented technology.
 ===
 http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/feb08/02-21ConCallTranscript.mspx

 Sobran más palabras.

--