[Solar-general] Socail innovation camp

Martin Olivera molivera en solar.org.ar
Vie Ago 8 15:57:32 CEST 2008

una idea interesante que se hizo en Inglaterra, que tal vez se pueda copiar,
no?

http://www.sicamp.org

What happens when you get a bunch of software developers and social
innovators together, give them a set of social problems and only 48 hours to
solve them?

We wanted to find out.

In London between 4th-6th April 2008, the Social Innovation Camp brought
together some of the best of the UK and Europe's web developers and
designers with people at the sharp end of social problems.

Our aim was to find ways that easy-to-build web 2.0 tools could be used to
develop solutions to social challenges.

*Ideas for development*

We received more than 70 ideas for an amazing range of web tools to change
the world over the course of February and March 2008. Our call for ideas has
now closed.

Over several rounds of sandwiches and a good few cups of coffee, the Social
Innovation Camp advisory board <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=4> gathered
on Friday 14th March to pore over the submitted ideas.

Several hours, much deliberating and a few disagreements later, a decision
was reached.

So, the ideas that were developed at the Social Innovation Camp, 4th-6th
April 2008 are:

*- **Barcode Wikipedia*
 <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=21>

*A site for storing user-generated information – such as carbon footprint,
manufacturing conditions and reviews - against a product, identified by its
barcode number.*

*- Enabled by Design <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=106>*

*A resource for anyone looking to make adjustments to their lives, be it as
a result of disability, injury or impairment.*

*- Personal development reports <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=61>*

*An online system that supports young people to identify their personal
skills and qualities.*

*- Prison visits <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=41>*

*A tool to support the families of prisoners coping with the experience of
being apart from a loved one.*

*- Rate My CV <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=22>*

*A site for helping jobseekers using Web 2.0 tools, with a focus on migrant
workers.
*

*- Stuffshare <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=98>*

*Freecycle <http://www.freecycle.org/> meets Street
Car<http://www.mystreetcar.co.uk/>:
a stuff club.*

Comments on what we liked about these ideas are being posted to our
blog<http://www.sicamp.org/?p=127>
.

You can find out more about the decision process
here<http://www.sicamp.org/?p=115>
.

*Winning ideas at Social Innovation Camp 2008*

So the weekend happened, the ideas were developed, people came and they
seemed to have a lot of fun.

You can find out more about how it all went on our
blog<http://www.sicamp.org/?p=130>
.

At the end of a weekend packed with discussion, collaboration and
creativity, we ended up with seven (our six chosen ideas plus a rebel open
mike project <http://sicamp.backnetwork.com/event/?articleid=15>) presenting
what they'd been up <http://sicamp.backnetwork.com/event/?articleid=13> to
all weekend.

We had £3,000 of prize money to give away to the projects with most promise.
The judges deliberated and awarded first prize of £2,000 to Enabled by
Design <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=106>, with a runner-up prize of
£1,000 to Prison Visits <http://www.sicamp.org/?page_id=41>.

--
opino en http://blog.martinolivera.com.ar