[Solar-general] Musix GNU+Linux 0.39 liberado!

Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman buanzo en buanzo.com.ar
Jue Mar 30 14:05:38 CEST 2006

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail wrote:
> (este texto será ampliado... y traducido a English)

yo lo hago por vos... revisenlo. estoy re dormido :P

> Musix GNU+Linux 0.39 liberado!

Musix GNU+Linux 0.39 has been released!

This is a highly experimental version.

We've developed it with the intention of testing the latest versions of the applications. 0.39 will
probably run better in some systems than previous versions of Musix. We really apreciatte bug and
test reports!

=What's new in Musix 0.39=

* Rosegarden4 1.2.3 (Musix is the first distro to provide this version. Thanks!)
* Xorg 6.9 (Thank you Adrian P. for the adaption of it)
* 4 Kernels:
2.6.15.2 (live-cd boot kernel)
2.6.15.4 (live-cd boot kernel with realtime patch)
2.6.15.3-rt-musix (not live-cd bootable. must be installed to hdd. realtime-patched)
2.6.13-1-multimedia (not live-cd bootable. must be installed to hdd. realtime-patched)

Some changes in the visual aspect and in general:

KDE 3.5.1
* All sources available at www.gnu.org
* eq-xmms-musix modified by Pardo (recommended)
* hundreds of updates software packages
* lots of bug fixes, and more.

= Known issues =

* Installation: After installation only kernels 2.6.15.3 and 2.6.13 are bootable.
Once there the system should create the necesary stuff so it is able to boot other
kernels. If this does not happen, PLEASE report it.
* KDM (desktop manager) takes a lot to start.
* Possible SATA hdd incompatibility
* Kernel 2.6.15.4 (with realtime) makes reading in low-memory (128mb ram) systems to be really slow,
becase it was not possible to compile it with unionfs support, contrary to 2.6.15.2 which has no
issues with this.

= Thanks and acknowledgements =

* To those who have been there always, and those who recently joined, but I want to give a special
one to Tapani Raikkonen who compiled the live-cd kernels and taught me lots of things about it.

- --
Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman -
Consultor en Seguridad Informatica - http://www.buanzo.com.ar
My Linux and Security Blog at http://linux-consulting.buanzo.com.ar/

Romper un sistema de seguridad los acerca tanto a ser hackers como
encender autos puenteando los convierte en ingenieros automotrices.