[Solar-general] Fwd: [Fsg] Advice is not "sabotage"

Sebastián D. Criado scriado en ciudad.com.ar
Mar Mar 28 01:03:26 CEST 2006

Como no lo vi publicado, lo paso.

----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Subject: [Fsg] Advice is not "sabotage"
Date: Lunes 27 Marzo 2006 19:31
From: Richard Stallman <rms en gnu.org>
To: fsg en libre.org

(This is a copy of a message I have also sent to Hipatia and SoLAr lists.)

It is unfair to Federico and to me when people accuse Federico of
"sabotaging" a speech that others planned for me to give.  The alleged
"sabotage" consisted of giving me further information about the
situation.  Calling this "sabotage" is unfair to me, because it treats
me as merely a facility for others to use, and assumes they were
entitled to dispose of me as they saw fit.

At the time, I wanted to give a speech and was considering where to
give it.  The suggestion to give it at the Madres' University was just
that--a tentative suggestion.

The final outcome was that I did give the speech, for the same
organizers, in a different venue.  It was a success.  If that is what
"sabotage" means, it is not a big deal.

I have a right to get independent advice when deciding what to do, and
I am grateful for Federico's advice.  Federico has posted the messages
he and I sent in discussing where to give the speech.  People can now
look at the facts and judge for themselves.

Some of the topics that have been mentioned to you did not in fact
arise during that discussion.  If you don't see a topic mentioned in
these messages, that is because it did not arise then.  Some of the
topics arose later on, after I had already left Argentina--too late to
affect what actually happened.