[Solar-general] Estuvo usando 6 años GNU/Linux "convencido" y se pasó a Windows :-D

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mie Jun 7 06:46:14 CEST 2006

Pocas veces leí algo tan loco y deprimente:

http://blog.gazuga.net/?p=93

2006-03-09
OK, I Lied
Filed under: General — ninjadroid @ 05:47

I am, in point of fact, giving up on Linux audio. Perhaps on desktop Linux in
general. After a couple of weeks in Windows, Linux is starting to look like a
ghetto. I didn’t even realize how fugly and illegible my fonts were until I
switched — if fonts were 32 bit consoles, Linux is the N64 of rendering.

And don’t even get me started on the music software. It’s just silly. For
around $300, I’ve got access to a boatload of high quality noise making
tools. If I had been paid even $1 an hour for the work I did on Specimen et
al, I conservatively estimate that I would have $700 of extra cash to blow.

Talk about an epiphany. Anybody who thinks that OSS is an inherently superior
software development model needs a mighty spoon with which to eat my ass. And
anyone who thinks I’m making a horrible sacrifice in freedom — there isn’t a
spoon big enough in the world for your case. It feels so good to know that my
money is going to support a software developer, who in turn is providing me
with excellent tools — ones which I don’t need to hack in order to get to an
acceptable level.

I just might have wasted the last 6 years of my life being a GNU/Hippie and a
Linux fag. Damn.

I had what alcoholics refer to as, “a moment of clarity.”

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre