[Solar-general] Oracle compra(ria) JBoss (aviso, JBoss es una empresa-proyecto de SL - J2EE Server)

Martin Olivera molivera en solar.org.ar
Lun Feb 13 21:43:51 CET 2006

http://java.sys-con.com/read/182119.htm

Oracle Will Announce JBoss Acquisition Monday
Did Marc Fleury $400 Million Asking Price, Ellison's $200 Million Offer,
or Something In Between?

According to our sources, Oracle may officially announce its JBoss
acquisition as early as on Monday, February 13, before the markets open.
Larry Ellison and Marc Fleury are also expected to make a brief
appearance on CNBC's Squawk Box with Joe Kernen, during the 7:00 AM -
8:00 AM time slot after Oracle's 6 AM press release crosses the wires,
according to our sources.

JDJ News Desk first broke the rumors about Oracle's impending JBoss
acquisition on Thursday, January 26, 2006. On Friday, January 27, 2006,
11:30 AM we received this official response from JBoss: "JBoss' policy
is not to comment on rumor and speculation, as we prefer to remain
focused on the delivery of superior open source middleware and services."

Since we first broke the story, number of other news organizations
carried out the acquisition rumors. We tried to reach Oracle today as
well regarding this story, but have as yet heard no response.

SYS-CON.TV will bring this clip live to its viewers if the announcement
goes as scheduled on Monday.

The original JDJ News Desk story can be read *_here
<http://jdj.sys-con.com/read/175923.htm>_*.

Additionally, a SYS-CON exclusive podcast
<http://linux.sys-con.com/read/182048.htm> regarding this speculation is
also available.