[Solar-general] ESR's Desktop Linux 2008 Deadline

josx josx en interorganic.com.ar
Mar Dic 26 18:50:36 CET 2006

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/24/1356204&from=rss

It says "Idealism about open formats will not solve our multimedia problem in
time; in fact, getting stuck on either belief in the technical superiority of
open source or free-software purism guarantees we will lose. The remaining
problems aren't technical ones, and none of the interesting patents will
expire before the end of 2008. We've got to ship something that works now. If
we let this be a blocking issue preventing overall Linux adoption during the
transition window, we won't have the userbase to demand changes in the laws
to untangle the screwed up patent system, or even prevent it from getting
worse. It's a chicken and egg problem, demanding a workaround until a
permanent solution can be achieved. We can't set the standards until after we
take over the world."

¿Qué les parece la opinión de Eric Raymond?

--
Di Biase José Luis
Contactos -->[ <http://www.joseluisdibiase.com.ar> - Blog]