[Solar-general] mplayer y cinelerra son libres?

Daniel Olivera daniel en ututo.org
Vie Abr 28 14:30:55 CEST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:19:38 -0300
Satoru Lucas Shindoi <lucas en shindoi.com.ar> wrote:

..

> Marcos:
>
> Si mal no tengo entendido, hay una restricción en la distribución de
> los binarios de mplayer. Por lo que las DFSG no permiten su
> distribución en Debian. De ser así

Lo tienes mal entendido.
Tomado del sitio de Mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)

----------------
MPlayer Features

MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the
documentation). It plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO,
ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI,
YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and
Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5
and even WMV movies..

Another great feature of MPlayer is the wide range of supported output
drivers. It works with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib,
DirectFB, but you can use GGI, SDL (and this way all their drivers),
VESA (on every VESA compatible card, even without X11!) and some low
level card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx and ATI), too! Most of
them support software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in
fullscreen. MPlayer supports displaying through some hardware MPEG
decoder boards, such as the Siemens DVB, DXR2 and DXR3/Hollywood+.

MPlayer has an onscreen display (OSD) for status information, nice big
antialiased shaded subtitles and visual feedback for keyboard controls.
European/ISO 8859-1,2 (Hungarian, English, Czech, etc), Cyrillic and
Korean fonts are supported along with 12 subtitle formats (MicroDVD,
SubRip, OGM, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub, PJS
and our own: MPsub). DVD subtitles (SPU streams, VOBsub and Closed
Captions) are supported as well. License

MPlayer is available under the GNU General Public License v2.
---------

Si usa GPL-2 no puede tener restriccion a la libertad 0
Lo que si existe es que procesa codecs no libres como una fuente
externa.
Ahora porque no esta en debian, realmente no lo se y me gustaria
saberlo.
Mas que ese proyecto usa "contrib" como software que depende de partes
no libres y "non-free" como distribuidor de software no libre
disponibilizado a los usuarios para comodidad de acceso a estos segun
tengo entendido.

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (Mate.Cosido) - UTUTO
"Al asesinato en maza los hombres lo llaman guerra"

ICQ: 8368437 - Jabber: dolivera en jabber.org
IPv4/IPv6 site: www.ututo.org
Blog: daniel.ututo.org
UTUTO XS 2006 GNU System - 100% software libre