[Solar-general] bill gates comunistas

Beatriz Busaniche busaniche en velocom.com.ar
Dom Feb 6 22:04:52 CET 2005

El dom, 06-02-2005 a las 17:26 -0300, Diego Saravia escribió:

> si todos hablan de zdnet, pero no lo encuentro!

El original de eso está en esta entrevista
en la página 4
http://news.com.com/Gates+taking+a+seat+in+your
+den/2008-1041_3-5514121.html

In recent years, there's been a lot of people clamoring to reform and
restrict intellectual-property rights. It started out with just a few
people, but now there are a bunch of advocates saying, "We've got to
look at patents, we've got to look at copyrights." What's driving this,
and do you think intellectual-property laws need to be reformed?

-No, I'd say that of the world's economies, there's more that believe in
intellectual property today than ever. There are fewer communists in the
world today than there were. There are some new modern-day sort of
communists who want to get rid of the incentive for musicians and
moviemakers and software makers under various guises. They don't think
that those incentives should exist.

And this debate will always be there. I'd be the first to say that the
patent system can always be tuned--including the U.S. patent system.
There are some goals to cap some reform elements. But the idea that the
United States has led in creating companies, creating jobs, because
we've had the best intellectual-property system--there's no doubt about
that in my mind, and when people say they want to be the most
competitive economy, they've got to have the incentive system.
Intellectual property is the incentive system for the products of the
future.

--
Beatriz Busaniche
http://www.d-sur.net/bbusaniche/