[Solar-general] Entrevista a CEO de Mandrake

sebelk sekinmor en yahoo.com.ar
Mie Feb 18 09:34:13 CET 2004

Hola, en el link de abajo podemos leer una entrevista realmente alentadora para el software libre. En estos tiempos en que algunas empresas están viendo como recortar la libertad de las licencias abiertas y hacer pactos tácitos (?) con MS, esgratificante leer algunas cosas como estas:
"Bancilhon said MandrakeSoft is not doing the same as Red Hat management has done with their split between Red Hat and Fedora. The "community" version of Mandrake will still be produced by company developers and supported by MandrakeSoft employees as part of their job, unlike the Fedora project which is produced outside of Red Hat's formal development structure and supported by volunteers. "

Además, hay que tener el suficiente valor para decir:
"We keep our principles. We are true to the open source model. We will keep having free downloads and a business model consistent with that."

Y:
"Those individual users are the one who have supported the company. We'll keep supporting them. At the same time, we want to develop and strengthen our corporate offerings. "

Eso para mí es un ejemplo de Software Libre...
http://www.newsforge.com/print.pl?sid=04/01/22/1249249

salu2
SErgio BELkin
--