[Solar-fundadores] . My wrists were so badly scorched that they had

Colgrove ermine at camicom.com
Thu Sep 3 21:38:23 CEST 2009

Em. I laid Tota down, caught my horse, undid his knee halter, and
saddled up. As I was doing so a thought struck me, and I told
Indaba-zimbi to run to the laager and see if he could find my
double-barrelled gun and some powder and shot, for I had only my
elephant "roer" and a few charges of powder and ball with me. He went,
and while he was away, poor little Tota came to herself and began to
cry, till she saw my face. "Ah, I have had such a bad dream," she said,
in Dutch: "I dreamed that the black Kaffirs were going to kill me. Where
is my papa?" I winced at the question. "Your papa has gone on a journey,
dear," I said, "and left me to look after you. We shall find him one
day. You don't mind going with Heer Allan, do you?" "No," she said, a
little doubtfully, and began to cry again. Presently she remembered that
she was thirsty, and asked for water. I led her to the river and she
drank. "Why is my hand red, Heer Allan?" she asked, pointing to the
smear of Bombyane's blood-stained fingers. At this moment I felt very
glad that I had killed Bombyane. "It is only paint, dear," I said; "see,
we will wash it and your face." As I was doing this, Indaba-zimbi
returned. The guns were all gone; he said the Zulus had taken them and
the powder. But he had found some things and brought them in a sack.
There was a thick blanket, about twenty pounds weight of bi